Wednesday, March 02, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Stacks Up Sketchy Alphabet For Some Masculine Cards



The new Sketchy Alphabet stamp set is perfect for creating male birthday cards. I've made a couple of quick cards using repeat stamping and watercolour.

I stamped my HB2U sentiment down a piece of white card, then using Distress Inks I watercoloured around each row, allowing the colours to merge into each other. For contrast I watercoloured the letters on one of the sentiments and left its background white.


I adhered the panel to my card base, then stamped the zigzag border from Artsy Borders down either side of the panel, using a black fineliner to join up any missing areas.



Then I made a one layer card using the same watercolour technique, and added the little dog from The Bee's Knees Pets and a balloon from Dee's Artsy Impressions Balloons and Banners, drawing in the string with a fineliner.


This is actually version two of this card - I'd just finished making my card in shades of green and dropped the balloon stamp on the card, ink side down :( I'm hoping I'll be able to salvage some of it.


Inspired by Shirley's card? Whether it's the technique (watercoloring), theme (masculine card), or stamp set (alphabet stamp) that inspires you, don't forget to hook up your creation(s) at our Spotlight Project Showcase, We'll draw a winner of a $15 gift certificate and if you're one of the top 3 picks, you could win your choice of 5x7 stamp set + a Spotlight Project guest designer spot.


Stamps Shirley used in today's project:

   TBS-Pets-preview   

8 comments:

  1. Fun cards! I love the one in blue & purple (since purple is my favorite color!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use the stamps like this! I like the masculine cards as it is so much easier to do a gal card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - and wonderful cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ideas that these have given me. Love the little dog card - very clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fabulous inspirations for masculin theme. Thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)