it's Tanja here and I would like to show you how I created this Textured Butterfly Tag step by step. If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
- cut out the largest of the CUTplorations Luggage Tags die set and some flowers from the CUTplorations Trendy Spring Blooms die set from sturdy white cardstock
- glue the flowers onto the tag with matte medium
- cut away the overhang and cover the whole tag with white gesso
- add color with the help of Prima Marketing Metallique Acrylic Paint in Rich Turquoise
- let the tag dry thoroughly
- in the meantime apply some Prima Marketing Metallique Acrylic Paint in Vintage Rose through the ARTplorations Flutters and Splatters Large stencil
- cut them out and add color to the backside as well
- stamp the script from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements set with Delicata Golden Glitz at random spots
- apply the same golden ink through the ARTplorations Foiled again Mini stencil
- add some interest to the butterflies by stamping the dot pattern, the alphabet and the sheet music from the STAMPlorations Scribbly Splattery Grunge set with Memento Luxe Gray Flannel, Wild Plum and Tuxedo Black
- adhere the butterflies to the tag
- add some grey metallic wax to the raised areas and ink up the edges with black ink
- dye a piece of seam binding with Prima Marketing Metallique Acrylic Paint in Light Patina and thread it through the hol eof the tag
I hope you got inspired and don't forget to join us for our Mixed Media Challenge over at the STAMPlorations Blog. The theme is always anything mixed media except a card. You must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The Linky closes at the end of the month.