Friday, December 16, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Artsy Scrap Journal by Susanne


Hi my dear crafty friends!!! I am a BIG fan of artsy journals. Today I want to share a little scrap journal. I designed the shapes with the Silhouette Studio. But it will be easy to cut something similar without an E-Cutter.


After I cut my pieces I colored them with Brusho powders. Brushos are water reactive, high pigmented, color pigments. I use the lovely "Hearts In Bubbles" stencil together with white gesso on my front cover. I emboss a sentiment with silver powder on the back piece.


 After this is dry I color the inside of the front and back covers with Distress Inks.


Distress Inks are water reactive. I spray water over the "Happy Flowers" stencil and let it sit for half a minute. I remove the water with a cloth. There remains a ghost image.

I do the same with the other cover piece and stamp the "Daisy Row" border on their bottom.

 I cover the spine completely with black acrylic paint and add some silver accents:


 

I cut the "hello" twice from black cardstock and cover one of them completely with silver embossing powder.


 I adhere the covers to the spine


Finally I use paper scraps for the inside pages and add the lovely butterfly and the title. The butterfly is colored with Distress Inks and also embossed with silver powder.





Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.

Supplies:
ARTplorations:
STAMPlorations:
CUTplorations:

2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)